1. When you were signing up for preschool, what would you consider your three most important factors? (please start w/1 for the most important)
Times available 2, 2 Other children (ages, sex, etc.) Location 3, 1
Cost 2, 4, 2, 3 Education of the Teacher 7, 3 Teacher Personality 2, 3, 6, 3, 2, 1
Quality Cert. or Accreditation 3, 2, 5 Reputation 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Size 3, 8, 1
Amount of Outdoor Play 9 Field Trips 10
2. Where you were searching for preschool, how did you begin?
Ask friends 1,1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 See Ads Call state/school 1
Telephone book Web Page 2 Face book Rec Ad
Do you have any suggestions for getting the word out when we add longer preschool hours, before-after school programs, vacation week programs, teacher friendly (no pay school vacations/summer, longer hours available on parent teacher workshop days) when Kate comes on board in September 2015?
1. Keep doing what you're doing, the word will spread by the children and happy parents.
2. Harbor Playground! I have told so many moms/grandparents who are new to the area about you.
3. Ask current parents and former parents to spread word of mouth and definitely use Facebook page.
4. Facebook to all alumni and current families or emails.
5. ADVERTISE THAT YOU ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY RATED PROGRAM IN TOWN! This is huge! Why would anyone knowing this take their child to a lower scoring program?? You should be so proud about this, brag!
6. Does the school provide information to incoming parents who may be looking for care? Small simple float in a local parade.
7. Facebook, word of mouth, local newspapers.
8. Facebook- advertise @ Elementary School Friday Folder.
3. Where you happy with your experience this year? yes x 7 Most Definitely YES Was your child? yes x 8
Were all of your expectations met both academically and socially? yes x 6, 5. Beyond all of those of family and friends that chose other programs. 7. Above and beyond. 8. Absolutely.
What is one good thing that you hope we always continue? 1. To make each child feel comfortable and confident. 2. The fantastic field trips! 3. Not having too many students & field trips. 4. Family parties and outside play. 5. Stay just the way you are- you have an awesome program. Love the reminder emails! 6. Teaching children to be independent problem solvers. 7. The work, work/play learning environment.
What would you like to see more of? Improved? Stopped? 1. The field trips are great! Love the monthly calendars with all the info, student of the week, lesson of the week, etc. 3. More late days. 6. Not sure? Seems to be a healthy mix of social, emotional, academic & self help :-). 7. Not being an education professional myself I feel that you have a great grasp on the program. Definitely interested in the "Dial 4". 8. More time slots (coming, yay!)
4. Between the information sheets, session information, handbook, registration, monthly newsletters, updates on the door, Facebook, webpage etc.,- did you always feel like you were given the opportunity to know what was going on? 1. Definitely, 2. Yes, 3. Yes, without a doubt! 4. Yes always. 5. Yes, was always amazed by the clarity. 6. Yes- always very informative. 7. I did feel informed. The only part I had difficulty with was getting my child to recount some of the days events, projects, letters, number, what for lunch. Some days she could remember bits, other days nothing. Stocked it up to age. 8. Yes.
5. Were you comfortable with the assessment process and reports? Yes x 6, 7. Yes but I'd like more info about the score (descriptor, percentile) 8. Very. Do you always feel like you could find a time to talk with me about your child? Yes x 7, 8. Very. Do you wish I would have mandated nights for parent/teacher conference? 1. No I always felt you took the time daily to keep me updated. 2. No 3. Not really. 4. No 5. No, I appreciated not having them! 6. No 7. NO! 8. I could go either way.
6. Parental involvement. Did you always feel welcome to join us whenever you wanted? Whether it be to "pop in", attend a party, chaperone a trip, etc.? 1. Yes, thank you! 2. Yes *You have the magic touch with these kids. They learn from you, they laugh with you, AND they respect you. Brilliant work Kim!!! 3. Yes, always. 4. Yes, you always make us feel like we are family. 5. YES, you and your entire family are the greatest blessing we have found in Wells. The first time I walked in the door I knew you were the right place. 6. Yes. 7. Always, one of the things I loved. Having the opportunity to watch the children interact with one another and you. The best is that the children are un-phased by the presence of their parents and still listened to your words. 8. Always.
Wow, reading these always brings tears to my eyes and a humbled heart. While maybe not what I had thought or even hoped- I so appreciate the honest answers and the time you took to give feedback. It is with these suggestions that we will continue to grow. I have been truly blessed to work with some of the greatest families around for the last 27 years.